10 Fitness Tips for An Aging Population
If you have been following our blog or YouTube channel for a while you will know how much we believe in the practice of regular fitness to live a good life. Today our topic is 10 Fitness Tips for An Aging Population To Live A Good Life. Moving welll and regular exercise are important for all ages however for an aging population it is most important to feel good and to live independently.
We have written in past blog posts how vital moving well is for a person's health, vitality and to live an independent life. We don’t presently live in a world where this is talked about much. Living independently. You know living how you want to live for your entire life.
Getting and staying fit is one of the ways to do this. Being able to carry your own groceries, get items out of the cupboards on your own, go to the bathroom on your own are all practices that will help you live an independent life.
Be sure to reach out and let us know how we can help you. Share any ideas, comments or questions below this post.
10 Fitness Tips for An Aging Population
1. Exercise For Memory Fitness – The endorphins released by exercise helps your memory, mood and confidence. Endorphins are better for mood and memory than prescription drugs – and free!
2. Better Balance And Coordination – Exercise helps to prevent disabling falls by keeping both your mind and body healthy and active.
3. Socialize – Seniors tend to become isolated when they no longer have a job to attend or children to take care of. Exercising in a gym or a group can help you get out and socialize, which also improves your outlook on life.
4. "Exercise For The Disabled – If you are in a wheelchair or confined in one way or another, you can improve your cardiovascular and muscle strength by performing chair aerobics, stretching and light weightlifting."
5. Exercise To Maintain Or Lose Weight – Exercise can rev up your metabolism so that your body functions properly.
6. Improve Your Sleep Patterns – As people age, sleep often becomes a health issue. Exercise can help you fall asleep quickly and into a deep sleep.
7. Mood And Confidence Booster – Exercise is a great endorphin booster, which, in turn, boosts your mood. Your self-confidence will automatically improve because you’ll look and feel much better about yourself.
8. Health And Capabilities – Before embarking on any type of activity, get a full bill of health from a health care provider. For seniors, it’s especially necessary to get medical clearance if you have a pre-existing condition.
9. Set Short-Term Goals – If you’re a senior who has been inactive for a long time, take it slow when you begin an exercise program. Going all out all at once can have a crash-and-burn effect that will make you want to quit.
10. Stay Active Any Way You Can – You may not be able to enjoy all types of exercise but find at least one that fits your need to stay active as you age. Get up and walk or even exercise in your chair – but move.
Focus on the activities that are the most powerful, like getting into the practice of moving well each and every day because it is so important to all health & fitness success. And remember “Moving Well Really Does Matter” for your best life.
We appreciate that it never seems as if there are enough hours in the day, but it is so important to make a conscious decision to practice moving well, and we believe that walking is the most accessible form of exercise on the planet. Taking care of your mind, body and emotional needs will help you be able to live your best life.
Did you know that walking is the most popular physical activity in the world? And the health benefits of walking are many, for example – benefits the heart, can help lower blood sugar, boosts the immune system, boosts energy, improves mood and extends life to name a few.
What we know for sure is that walking is the link to living a healthy and vibrant life. We believe walking inspires the mind, activates the body, and nourishes the soul. Be sure to sign up here for the FREE Walking Challenge
Share any ideas, comments or questions below.
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
If you want to know who we are and what we believe in check us out here http://wendybottrell.com
Our Holistic Coaching and health and fitness products are here
Join our Free Walking Challenge here - This is appropriate for all fitness levels, though it is tailored to beginners. You will also get a tip a day, which gives you a little more insight into how to walk, what to wear, going outside or using the treadmill, and even journal entries about your experience.
Be sure to sign up here for the FREE Walking Challenge
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!