10 Thyroid Health Tips
10 Health Tips Learned At The Thyroid Sessions (I wrote this article a few years ago and the tips are super important now more than ever)
A couple of years ago I joined the conversation at The Thyroid Sessions to learn more about this health issue.
Taking our health into our own hands is an empowering way to live.
One of the first things I learned at the Thyroid Sessions is that it is really important to learn about your health, learn how to eat/cook, exercise, get proper sleep and learn how to speak with your doctor about your health concerns.
This is one of our top 10 wellness tips for you to learn!
You see it came up a number of times that Doctors today are not aware of many of the issues with Thyroid! Especially when it comes to Autoimmune Issues with Thyroid.
Chris Kresser said this - " for every 1 person diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, 2-3 go undiagnosed!"
When you take the time to learn and then have those discussions with your doctor can make a world of difference to how you feel as well as live your best life!
Here are 10 health tips learned at The Thyroid Sessions. An informative event and the tips are useful for your better health even if the thyroid is not an issue.
Today I want to share the 10 health tips learned at the thyroid sessions:
1. Eliminate Gluten - this is the one thing that I heard at each session. Nora Gedgaudas says, "You must assume that GLUTEN is a problem for you if you have Hashimoto's!” Dr. Tom O’Bryan says “No human can digest gluten”
2. Eliminate Fluoride - Here is a short explanation from Dr. Mercola - "Altered thyroid function is associated with fluoride intakes as low as 0.05-0.1 mg fluoride per kilogram body weight per day (mg/kg/day), or 0.03 mg/kg/day with iodine deficiency. Increased prevalence of goiter (>20 percent) is associated with fluoride intakes of 0.07-0.13 mg/kg/day, or 0.01 mg/kg/day with iodine deficiency. This means eliminating fluoride in the water you drink, your toothpaste (check out our link to the fluoride-free toothpaste we have been using since 2008 https://miessence.one.organic/…/produ…/13101/mint-toothpaste) and finally a big one are medications!
3. Eliminate Chlorine - again this is a hormone disruptor and must be eliminated for Thyroid Health - chlorine and fluoride both compete/block for iodine in the thyroid. Get a shower filter that removes chlorine.
4. Exercise – there are as many ways to exercise and the only thing stopping you is your creativity. So many people use the “I don’t have time to exercise” excuse and we want to let you know that exercise can be done in short bursts - time saving and effective – We recommend Burn The Fat Inner Circle because it is a complete, diet, exercise and mindset membership site to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. We like it so much we have our own membership. Will you join us? Check it out here https://bit.ly/2YAGqjl
5. Reduce Stress - this came up a lot! I heard many, many years ago that 9 out of 10 people went to their primary doctor for stress-related issues! Time to take the lead with stress! Meditate, pray, play maybe a couple of ideas worth practicing for yourself.
6. Eat Real Life-Affirming Food - this is so important to healing not only your thyroid but your whole self. Eating real food, organic, life-affirming and locally grown if possible cooked with care in your own kitchen is one of the most important, vital things you can do. It's about making time for what is important. You are important! Learn a few good recipes, get really good at those, enjoy and then branch out your skills! Paleo cooking came up a couple of times and this Cookbook may help. What I have found about real food is that it is awesome! And so worth learning how to enjoy the experience.
7. Eliminate Soy- most soy is GMO and must not be eaten. Period. Especially men and boys!
8. Fats - I must say good fats are good, really essential for you! Grass-fed butter, pastured lard, duck fat, olive oil and organic coconut oil for some examples. Important for your brain and fat-soluble vitamins to be used in the body
9. Don't be afraid of Salt or I must say Sea Salt! Dr. Brownstein says this: " The majority of my patients are salt deficient"
10. Paleo as an eating strategy - eating like your ancestors did millions of years ago. No packaged, processed "Frankenfoods" only real food, grass-fed.
Share your thoughts on how you will implement and practice these health tips for your best life in the comments below.
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
Subscribe to our newsletter here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!