Journaling Your Way To Massive Action Success
Have you heard? Journaling is not just for young people! In fact, journaling can be a powerful practice in your get-it-done toolbox, and it’s easy to do. You can and must put all kinds of things in a goal journal, not just your thoughts and feelings on a given day. Today we want to share 8 excellent ideas for journaling your way to massive action success for your best health and fitness life.
Journaling is simply one way of tracking your actions and successes, and yes, even your setbacks and failures. It also keeps your goal right in front of your face, so you keep on top of taking action steps each and every day. It keeps all your ideas and revelations in one place so you can go back and review them whenever you want.
For example, if you are having trouble getting motivated one day because you feel like you’ve been working hard, but making little progress, going back into your goal journal is a wonderful way to help you see that all of those little actions really are paying off in a big way. So, what do you want to keep in your goal journal?
Start with these excellent ideas and add to them as you see fit.
1. Detailed goal--Write down your exact goal in as much detail as possible. Describe it in a way that makes you feel excited about what your life will be like when you achieve your objective.
2. Your Why--Your Why is the big reason why you want to reach the goal you have defined for yourself. It’s the reason you are willing to take the massive action steps needed to change your life for the better. We wrote about finding your WHY here and you might find in helpful in this powerful tool for you https://www.wendybottrell.com/blog/implement-the-5-whys-method-to-energize-your-best-life
3. Massive action plans and schedule--When you make the plan for how you will go about reaching your goal, write it here. Writing it down is important so that you can track your efforts so you can see what actions are creating the most results.
4. Brain dumps--A brain dump is just a list of actions that you need to take in no particular order. Sometimes all the tasks you need to take build up in your head, making you confused about where you should start and what you should do next.
5. Prioritize--After you do a brain dump, organize the tasks into a priority list and add them to your daily and weekly to-do lists.
6. Daily to-do list--Write out your to-do lists here so they are always handy.
7. Aha’s--As you take massive action, you will have inspiration or aha moments when something becomes clear. Capture those ideas here so that you can refer to them later when you are ready to put them into action.
8. Journal entries--Yes, you will actually journal. Sometimes there’s nothing better than stream-of-consciousness writing to help you solve a problem or get your worries off your chest. It’s a therapeutic and inspirational way to work.
Excellent ideas, right? I use all these ideas in my morning journaling time that I have been doing for the last year. Prior to this everyday writing, I had challenges staying consistent. One of the ways I have found to be beneficial is to find journaling prompts. You can use the journaling prompts to inspire you for your own journal. Do a search online as there are frequent updates. Click here for one example of health and fitness prompts: https://www.hodgeonrepeat.com/health-and-fitness-journal-prompts/
And here https://witanddelight.com/2020/03/20-journaling-prompts-i-swear-by-to-get-you-out-of-your-head/ for more ideas.
Join me for our FREE Walking Challenge Here - This is appropriate for all fitness levels, though it is tailored to beginners. You will also get a tip a day, which gives you a little more insight into how to walk, what to wear, going outside or using the treadmill, and even journal entries about your experience. Join The Free Walking Challenge Today – Free Registration HERE
Please Like & Share – We would appreciate it as it helps more people see our content
Find more about us at https://wendybottrell.com
Check out our resource page here
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
Check out our new digital products website here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!