Simple Ideas To Create A Positive Fitness Mindset
We have been helping women create a positive fitness mindset in our business for many years. Why? Because Mindset always matters in creating the life you say you want. Today we are asking you to Look at The 5 Simple Ideas To Create A Positive Fitness Mindset.
Here are some tips for creating a positive fitness mindset:
1. Set realistic goals: It's important to have goals, but it's also important to make sure they are realistic and achievable. Setting unrealistic goals can lead to disappointment and a negative mindset. You will want to check out our blog post-Behavior-Based Approach to Goal Setting and Goal Achieving here to help you with your goal setting https://www.wendybottrell.com/blog/behavior-based-approach-to-goal-setting-and-goal-achieving
2. Focus on progress: Instead of getting discouraged by how far you have to go, focus on how far you have come. Celebrate your WINS, the small daily victories and progress, no matter how small you may think it is. I’ve heard it said many times that “progress is progress”.
“Comfort is the enemy of progress.” – P.T. Barnum
3. Find activities you enjoy: This is vitally important for you to realize. Your fitness and life will not feel positive if you are doing activities you dislike. For example - If you hate running, don't force yourself to run every day. Instead, find physical activities that you enjoy, such as walking, swimming, cycling, or dancing. You'll be more likely to stick with an activity that you enjoy.
4. Don't compare yourself to others: Start where you are. It's easy to fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others, but it's important to remember that everyone is on their own journey. Focus on your own progress and celebrate your own victories.
5. Find a support system: Surround yourself with people who support and encourage your fitness goals. This could be friends, family, or a fitness group or community. Having a support system can help you stay motivated and positive.
Share any comments, ideas or questions on the 5 simple ideas to create a positive fitness mindset below.
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you today.
If you've been following us for a while you know we enjoy walking as a part of our daily fitness practice. What we know for sure is that walking is the link to living a healthy and vibrant life. We believe walking inspires the mind, activates the body, and nourishes the soul.
We have found that an intentional walking practice has helped us with our daily thinking practice as well. What we know for sure is that walking outdoors will help improve how you feel, and your brain power and definitely help reduce stress. Walking in the morning is best and not only does it feel good, but it helps with your sleep at night and that helps with your brain power.
“Research shows that regular walking actually modifies your nervous system so much that you’ll experience a decrease in anger and hostility,” she says, especially when you're going for a stroll through some greenery or soaking in a bit of sunlight. This can be particularly helpful during the colder months when seasonal depression spikes. (source: Here- https://www.geelongmedicalgroup.com.au/2018/11/7-incredible-health-benefits-of-walking-30-minutes-a-day )
Join me for our FREE Walking Challenge Here - This is appropriate for all fitness levels, though it is tailored to beginners. You will also get a tip a day, which gives you a little more insight into how to walk, what to wear, going outside or using the treadmill, and even journal entries about your experience. Join The Free Walking Challenge Today – Free Registration HERE
Please Like & Share – We would appreciate it as it helps more people see our content
Join us on our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/visionquestwellness and when you get out for your daily walk use the hashtag #onmydailywalk
Find more about us at https://wendybottrell.com
Check out our new digital resource page here
Fitness Resource Page here
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
Share a question, idea or comment below.
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!