Creating new healthy habits and practices can seem overwhelming and it doesn't have to be that way.
Don't be overwhelmed, simply take a couple of ideas from our simple health tips list and begin immediately to make them good healthy habits and daily practices for your best life. Once they have become your new practice and a new healthy habit then pick a couple of more tips, rinse and repeat!
Here are my simple health tips:(in no special order)
These simple health tips are ideas we have implemented in our lives over the past 15 years. They are doable, effective and if you take a couple on as your own you will begin to see the benefits for your best life.
1. Avoid anti-bacterial soap. Residue on dishes and hands gets in the stomach and kills your “good bacteria.
2. Most organic eggs come from cooped up chickens fed organic produce. For true free-range eggs, find a local farmer by asking others or do a web search.
3. We learned how beneficial eating organic real food is during our Holistic Lifestyle Training. One thing many people think is that they can’t afford organic food. Our suggestion is to consider buying organic foods that are in season. It’s both more inexpensive and healthier.
4. Have a favourite seasonal food? Buy it when it’s in the season, then freeze it. It’s healthier than buying it out of season.
5. Buy green cleaning products to avoid chemicals like ammonia or chlorine in your house.
6. Sign up for your local fruit or veggie boxes. Farmers will deliver fresh organic produce straight to your door.
7. See if there are food co-ops near you. These co-ops grow organic food and sell it to their local markets or home delivery.
8. Store your olive oil in a dry place, outside of sunlight. Oxidized olive oil is very dangerous.
9. Nuts can be healthy snacks, but they’re also very high in fat and calories. Enjoy them but eat in moderation.
10. Add a few Brazil nuts to your diet. It’s one of the few foods high in selenium, which is good for your hormones and your thyroid.
11. Buy good salt. Good salt can add dozens of minerals to your diet. One jar of Himalayan sea salt can last a year.
12. Avoid Teflon. Use cast iron or stainless steel. Teflon is toxic, you is not a good choice for cooking
13. Put paper towels on the edges of your fridge’s veggie drawer. It’ll draw the moisture and preserve your greens.
14. Stay to the end of Farmer’s Markets. They’ll often give out last minute deals to clear out inventory.
15. Exercise daily - Helps improve mood, thinking, focus, and so much more. Our best home workout program can be found here
So there you have it!
Better health tips that are really simple and easy to implement into your life.
I only know this because I have done each and every one of these ideas in my own life over the past 15 years!
They have changed how I feel, and you can do the same.
Share your comments in the area below. And if you found this post useful please share it on your favourite social media sites.
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!