How To Make Exercise A Daily Habit
I found that when I made health and fitness a good habit in my life it was a game-changer for me. The habits that I formed around exercising daily has helped me feel better, I am stronger which is definitely important as we age, I have also reduced my weight by over 100 lbs and certainly improved my energy.
So, we know we’re supposed to stay active because movement really does matter for a healthy and fit life, yet how many of us have struggled with exercising daily as a habit? Today we want to share step-by-step tips to learn how to make exercise a daily habit.
"Exercise not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude and your mood." - Unknown Author
Check out these staggering numbers on why it is vital for your best life to begin the habit of daily exercise. Brendon Burchard writes in his book High Performers that; 2/3rd of Americans is obese, 20% of Americans don’t even do the minimum amount of aerobic and muscle-strengthening activity recommended by the CDC and 42% of American adults aren’t even doing enough to manage stress. Stress is the ULTIMATE energy and well-being killer.
When we are in the habit of practicing exercise throughout the week, we build our bodies, keeping our energy levels high, which makes for added productivity. But exercise is also good for us in other ways. Exercise helps you to sleep better and keeps you generally healthier as you age.
Exercise not only keeps your body in top form but leads to better moods and overall mental health.
So how do you make exercise a daily habit?
Follow these step-by-step instructions, and you’ll be on the road to building this healthy habit in no time!
1. Make time each and every day for exercise. Being deliberate about when you exercise means that it’s more likely to happen, even when life is busy. Also, it trains your body to begin to enjoy your exercise time. Before long, you’ll find yourself looking forward to your movement practice and the many health and well-being benefits it offers.
2. Use an online calendar or your smartphone. As you start to develop the habit of daily exercise you may want to set a reminder on your online calendar or phone for when it’s time to exercise, so you don’t forget or put if off until it too late in the day.
3. Be prepared. It may sound obvious however by getting into the habit of putting your exercise clothes and gear the night before so you won’t use the excuse that you don’t have time to find everything. Keep your exercise bag right near the door and ready to go.
4. Just leave when ready. Is it time to go? Don’t overthink it. Just go whether you feel like it or not. Your body will click into gear once you get started.
5. Start where you are. Take baby steps. By starting small and making tiny changes will help eliminate the overwhelm you might feel as you begin, or worse, do damage to a body not ready for a heavy workout. You can always increase your time/reps later when you become fitter.
6. Keep it fun and interesting. Noting screams boredom more than the same routine day after day. Mix up what you’re doing – run a new route or begin practicing a new exercise at the gym. Adding new types of exercise also makes sure you are working all your different muscles too.
7. Take a break – occasionally. As you build your new healthy habit, you don’t want to skip days. Consistency is key. However, it’s good to have the occasional lighter exercise day when you’ve recently upped your game or when you are especially tired or sick.
Once you make exercise a daily habit, you’ll come to look forward to it. You won’t even think about it; you’ll just do it. With so much benefit, it’s obvious that keeping a daily exercise habit is essential to a happier and healthier you!
Do you exercise daily? Share your ideas on your daily exercise, comments, and questions below.
If you are not in the habit of daily exercise and would like to begin a home workout program, we recommend the Home Workout Revolution because it includes a great beginner program with follow-along videos (Affiliate link - https://bit.ly/3fZeQUk).
Share with us in the comments below how you will practice the Step-by-Step Tips To Learn How To Make Exercise A Daily Habit for your best health and fitness life?
Be sure to get in touch with us if you have questions and if we can help you.
Hope you found some value in these exercise tips?
Be sure to let us know what fitness-specific questions you have in the comments below or use this form to contact us directly – Get In Touch With Us
Join our Free Walking Challenge here
Health & Fitness Resources:
If you are looking for a cookbook resource we recommend The Fat Burning Kitchen - Your 24-Hour Diet Transformation to Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine - Why to STOP eating whole wheat bread, vegetable oils, energy bars, or cereals - https://bit.ly/2RzknZP (our affiliate link - now you do not pay more ordering from our link, it simply helps us with a commission that supports our work here)
Introducing Essential Vibes - ELEVATE YOUR VIBRATION TRANSFORM THE WORLD TOGETHER - Essential Vibes is a movement of world-changers, raising their vibration and restoring the planet. ELEVATE YOUR TECHNOLOGY - EMF Protection using Earth Frequency - Unique EMF Protection technology created by infusing the Earth Frequency into jewellery. https://essentialvibes.com/?ref=c2n7rdx8z5
Turbulence Training Special Offer - But if you take advantage of this opportunity to ditch your cardio and finally start losing weight today, you can receive access for more than HALF OFF, just $27. (Affiliate link - https://bit.ly/3fZeQUk)
Personal Care Products & Healthy Home Products go here https://bit.ly/3upNqxB
Learn more about our Holistic Lifestyle Coaching here
Learn more about us here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!