We are writing and sharing ideas about fitness this month and today’s topic is Why Is Exercise Essential For Great Health and Your Best Life!
Do you exercise? Either way, let’s dive in with today’s topic.
There are many articles written every day about using exercise for better health. And some even discuss using exercise/moving well as medicine. Now, what the heck does that mean, right?
Well here is what I have felt and now continue to learn, exercise, fitness, will transform your health and as David Katz, MD says “Lifestyle is Medicine.”
Now in my mind, that is powerful! And exercise can no longer an action that is postponed to some future date. You must take action to transform your health, your fitness, your life and today is the perfect time to begin.
We really need to get up and get moving well to have a positive healthy and fit lifestyle.
Here is what I have learned so far about why exercise is so vital for your health and best life
• exercise reduces stress (the topic of stress comes up every day, and especially now as we live through this global pandemic, so stress is a big deal)
• if you are not participating in exercise/movement right now, begin a program as an experiment to see for yourself how much better you can feel
• exercise makes a difference for a healthy heart
• the fitter you are the less plaque you will grow, the healthier you will remain
• exercise is the first of the 6 pillars of wellness according to David Katz, MD
• physical activity affects longevity
• physical activity affects the quality of life
• anyone can exercise anywhere (short bursts of exercise) even if you are living is a small space
• “if a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer increases her exercise activity she decreases her risk of death by 45%” Lisa Alschuler, ND
Exercise As Love
Loving your body and engaging in a regular exercise work-out plan is always a fool-proof way to a healthier you. Physical fitness is your body’s ability to do tasks and leisure activities. It is your body’s capacity to withstand stress, endure and perform certain tasks under certain circumstances.
Exercise talks about an over-all focus on the body – the heart, the lungs, the muscles, and the other organs of the body. Your body’s fitness is dependent on your physical limitations and capacities as well as your lifestyle – the life-affirming real organic food you eat and your daily habits as well as your daily practices.
Here’s a backgrounder on the different components of exercise.
• There’s endurance, the body’s ability to sustain oxygen and nutrients to tissues over a sustained period of time.
• Strength, on the other hand, is the ability of the muscle to exert force for a period of time.
• Flexibility is the ability to move joints and use muscles in a wide range of activities and movements. Swimming, walking, running, bicycling and jogging are some of the activities that can build endurance while push-ups and weight lifting are good for building muscle strength.
Your workout must include activities that focus on and develop these components. Remember to have a warm-up before starting your work-out. A warm-up conditions and prepares the muscles for the more rigorous activities of your work-out plan. At the same time end your work-out with a cool down, a moment wherein the muscles are given time to relax after a heavy work-out session.
Remember not to overdo your exercise. A daily walk may sound good, but a daily session of push-ups may do more harm than good to your muscles if you out of fitness and exercise practice.
Space your physical activities such that the body is used to a variety of physical activities, ranging from the simple to the more complex, from cardiovascular exercises to strength exercises. Two to three work-out sessions for a week is a good way to start. As you progress in your activities, you can now increase the frequency or duration of your exercises. (The Home Workout Revolution is the program we suggest and use ourselves - http://go.earlytorise.net/SH1X )
Of course, keeping fit and staying fit means listening to your body. Allow your body to adjust to each change in routine and exercises. If you’re experiencing cramps, dizziness or prolonged weakness, stop your work-out and consult a doctor.
And most of all, never be discouraged. Take note, achieving the health you want is not an overnight miracle.
A physically fit body means lesser chances of acquiring lifestyle-related diseases like diabetes and heart disease. It also spells a more active and alert mind, improved ability to cope with stress and more reserved energy for your daily activities. And let’s not forget a more confident YOU!
How do you see exercise for great health? Have you been able to implement an exercise program for your great health and best life?
Share your best exercise and fitness practice below!
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you
Subscribe to our newsletter here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!